My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Peace in the Midst of the Storm


Mark 4:36-41 (NKJV) 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, "Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?"
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?" 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, "Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!"


The great state of Tennessee is not exempt from the storms that are affecting a good portion of our country. The inclement weather that hit our city two days ago left one-tenth of our residents without electricity and caused the schools to be closed again (it was also the reason I didn’t send out a devotional yesterday). There was an interesting discovery that occurred following the storm system yesterday morning. When I called to check on two of the members of my devotional Bible study group (Morning Glory), they informed me that they didn’t know the severity of the weather because they’d slept through the storm! Amazingly, they were able to maintain uninterrupted rest amidst a storm that had awakened many.

In Mark chapter 4, Jesus and His disciples were traveling from one place to the next when they encountered a storm out on the sea. The winds from the storm were so intense that they caused the boat to fill with water. Although the boat was, “reeling and rocking,” Jesus was sound asleep. After being awakened by the disciples, He rebuked the wind and spoke peace to the sea. His Authority over the storm caused the disciples to ask one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”

While we are not exempt from the storms of life, we can experience God’s peace in the midst of them. Today’s exhortation is to believe God for peace in the midst of the storms we have to endure.

Let’s Pray: “Father, we recognize that we will experience storms in this life. But we pray that You’ll give us total and complete peace amidst the storms of life, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment