My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

THINGS WILL TURN AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Job 42:10 “And the Lord restored Job's losses…Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.”

One of my favorite boxing matches of all times was between Thomas “Hitman” Hearns and Sugar Ray Leonard. Over 300 million people viewed “The Showdown” as the two men fought for the unified Welterweight Championship of the world. As expected, the fight began with Leonard boxing from a distance and Hearns stalking. Hearns won the first five rounds with ease and built a considerable lead. Although Ray hurt Hitman in rounds six and seven, Hearns regrouped and took control of the fight again. But in the thirteenth round, Sugar Ray came out roaring. Despite having a badly swollen left eye, he hurt Hearns with a right hand and then exploded with a barrage of combinations resulting in Hearns being knocked through the ropes. Although Hitman got up and survived a second knockdown at the end of the round, the fight was stopped in the fourteenth round after Leonard hit his defenseless opponent with numerous punches. Hearns was only three rounds away from winning the championship when the fight turned into Leonard’s favor resulting in his victory.



During some seasons of our lives, it appears that situations are spiraling downward swiftly with no relief in sight. There have been times when not only did I feel like “throwing in the towel,” but I’ve had the unction to set it afire and then throw the ashes in the river! But The Lord always has a way of turning things around for his children. After all Job endured in the first forty-one chapters of the book that archives his life, in the final chapter of Job the Bible says that “…the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.” Amazingly, God turned things around for His servant!



Don’t count God out! Let’s believe that God will turn things around for you!

Let’s Pray: “Father, turn things around for the ones that need You to do so, in Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.”

Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment