My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

THE POWER OF OBEDIENCE

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you. 2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." 4 So Abram departed as the LORD had spoken to him…


In January 1995, my wife and I came home from Germany to bring our 10-month old son (Calvin Ezekiel, a.k.a. “Zeke”) to meet our family. During the visit, The Lord spoke to me and said, “Go by Par Cable and introduce yourself to Sharroniese Horton.” Elder Horton is one of the most gifted musicians I’ve ever known. I’d heard about her community choir (The Voices of Faith) when I was here in Clarksville in the early 90’s. While visiting with her, I asked if she’d come to Europe to do a workshop for our community. The workshop in 1995 was such a success until the community requested her to come back two months before I left to come to Fort Campbell (Kentucky) in 1996! Despite solicitations from a host of other churches in Clarksville, she agreed to be our Minister-of-Music when we started Christ the Healer Church in 1998 and she’s been the only Minister-of Music our church has ever had. A simple of obedience had a resounding effect on my life.

In Genesis 12, The Lord appeared to a pagan gentleman from Mesopotamia by the name of Abram. Although God promised that he’d bless him if he’d leave his, “family, country, and promised inheritance,” I’m sure Abram never fathomed that his obedience to God would affect his life the way that it did. Despite the fact that Abram had no clue where he was going or when or how he’d get to wherever he was going, his simple obedience resulted in him being the earthly “father of the faith.”

Never underestimate the power of obeying God! One simple act of obedience could have a lasting effect on your destiny! The exhortation today is simple…obey God!

Let’s Pray: “Father, help us to simply obey You at all times and in every situation, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer: “Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.



Bible Challenge

Who Am I?

1. I’m the 1st murderer in the Bible.



2. I’m the third child born to Adam and Eve.



3. I’m the oldest man that ever lived.



4. I’m the gentleman that, “walked with God” and didn’t see death.



5. I’m the father of Noah.



6. We are the three sons of Noah.

No comments:

Post a Comment