My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lord, Don’t Let Me Miss My Blessing!

Isaiah 43:19 (NKJV) “Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it?…”


A common courtesy while driving is to halt at traffic lights at a distance which allows vehicles access to the road. In Clarksville, one of the most difficult places to gain entry to the highway—especially during busy times—is the BP station at the end of Tiny Town Road. The 7 a.m. and the 5 p.m. rush hours present a real problem to those parked at the service station needing to get someplace quickly. I’ve been caught there before and have been frustrated by the lack of courtesy of drivers during those times! Because of my strong belief in the law of reciprocity, I decided to sow the seed of courtesy this morning en route to an appointment. Although I created an entryway for a car parked at the edge of the road needing access, the driver of the vehicle never took advantage of the opportunity afforded her. When the light turned green and I drove past, I found out why—she was texting on her phone! Her phone distracted her to the point that she probably didn’t even see the blessing right in front of her.



In the 43rd chapter of Isaiah, God promised that He’d usher His people into a season of hope, restoration and deliverance. The Bible says in verse 19 of that chapter, “Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth…” But a very interesting thing happened in the next clause of that verse. Directly after making such a powerful statement and giving such hope, he asked the question, “…Shall you not know it?...” This question suggested the possibility of God’s people being in a season of blessing and they not even recognize it! My prayer for us today is two-fold. First of all, in the words of one of my fathers in the gospel, Bishop Paul S. Morton, I pray that, “Whatever The Lord is doing during this season that He not do it without us.” But secondly, I pray that we recognize The Move and The Blessings of God during their manifestation.

Let’s Pray: “Father, we pray that we not miss our season(s) of blessings, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today

For by Your Stripes I'm healed



I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.


Challenge-of-the Day

1. Who was locked in the lion’s den but The Lord locked the jaws of the lions?

2. Who took a visit to the Potter’s House?

3. Who saw the vision of the valley of dry bones?

4. Who “saw The Lord, high and lifted up, and His Train filled the temple?”

5. What is significant about these four gentlemen?

No comments:

Post a Comment