My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our Priority

Matthew 6:33 (KJV): “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

One of the greatest challenges for most people is juggling our busy schedules. The testimony of many is that the appointments and task lists on your schedules are perpetually increasing which challenges your ability to get things done. Many people (saved and un-saved alike) go to bed thinking about what needs to get done tomorrow and wake up working on getting those things done. Meetings, deadlines, programs, and after-action reports (review of the event) can cause our stress levels to escalate to the point that it literally affects our health.

But amidst the hustle and bustle of our busy lives, believers must learn to make spending time with The Lord our priority. All Christians—more especially those who are busy—must remember to put spending time with God at the top of the day’s agenda. And during those times when you may not be able to give The Lord as much quantity as you’d like, ask The Lord to make the time you spend with Him “quality.” Matthew 6:33 gives this great promise to those who make God our priority: “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33, KJV)

The exhortation today is to make spending time with God our priority.

Let’s Pray: “Father, we pray that spending time with You will be the priority on our day’s agenda, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer: “Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!” The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10


Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered





I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.



Questions-of-the Day

Judges 3:15-25



1. What present did Ehud make for the king?



2. What was the physique of the king of Moab (verse 17)?



3. What did Ehud do after he’d given the king the gift (verse 18)?



4. How did Ehud kill the king?



5. What did he do after he’d killed him?



6. Why did it take so long for the servants to find the king?

No comments:

Post a Comment