My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mind-Boggling

Psalm 8:3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, The moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4a What is man, that thou art mindful of him?

While the earth’s twenty-five thousand-mile circumference seems large to us, our planet is merely a microcosm in comparison to the rest of the universe. The following data proves this point:

-The earth is 93,000,000 miles from our sun.

-Our solar system is a small part of one galaxy called the Milky Way.

-The sun is a main star that contains 99.8 percent of all the mass in our solar system.

-The combined mass of Jupiter and Saturn make up 90 percent of all the remaining mass.

-Our galaxy is one of at least one hundred billion galaxies, but the closest star to our solar

system is approximately 4.2 light-years away.

I’m not sure that David really knew the full impact of the words that he recorded in Psalm 8:3-4: “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, The moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him?” I was amazed when I meditated on the vastness of the universe created by our Heavenly Father. I was even more amazed that God would make us (human beings) the focal point of all His awesome creation. Today’s exhortation is to thank God for being “the apple of His Eye.”

Let’s Pray: “Father, we thank You for Your Great Love for all mankind, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10



Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered

I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body today

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee

I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment