My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Monday, November 22, 2010

1 Corinthians 12:12 (KJV)
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body,
being many, are one body: so also is Christ. There is a healthy competition that exists between
the branches of the Armed Forces. 

Personally, I think that the United States Army is the best branch of service (Of course I would seeing that I
served fifteen years as an active duty soldier and pastor in the community where the 101st Airborne Division is located!)  However, the other members of the Armed Services—the Air Force, Navy, and
Marines—each have their own “claim to fame” as the elite military force.  Although the branches tease each other, during wartime, they form a united front and battle together against the enemies of the United
States of America. 

In I Corinthians 12, Paul compared the church to the human body when He wrote, “For
as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one
body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.” (I Corinthians
12:28)  In the Body of Christ, there are various denominations, styles of leadership, and genres of worship.   There
are differences in our church structure and even in some aspects of our doctrines.   But if we believe that Jesus Christ is The Son of God, that He died on The Cross for our sins and that salvation only comes through
Him, then we’re on the same team!   Not only are many churches and denominations argue amongst themselves, but there is often conflict that exists within local congregations!   Our enemy, Satan (Lucifer, the
devil, “slewfoot”), is doing a great job advancing his agenda while
we’re arguing over who’s right and who’s wrong!  

It’s time to recognize the devil’s schemes and stop committing spiritual fratricide against one another. 
The exhortation today is to realize the importance of joining forces against our real enemy, Satan.    

Let’s Pray: 
“Father, help us to come together on one accord and tear down Satan’s
kingdom.   Let there not be any strife amongst the members of Your
church.  I pray a special prayer for those local congregations who are at
odds with one another, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 410

Daily Confession:
Father I thank You for making me the head and not the tail
Above only and not beneath
The lender and not the borrower
The conqueror and not the conquered
I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness
And for delivering my life from death and destruction
So that I shall live and not die to declare your works
I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body
For by Your Stripes I'm healed
I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed
Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee 
I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,
but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do 
I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life
For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ
Jesus Thank You that all things are working together for my good
And that You always cause me to triumph
This is the day that you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
In Jesus, Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment