My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Thursday, April 22, 2010

NEVER ALONE



Psalm 27:10: “For if my father and mother should abandon me, you would welcome and comfort me.” (The Living Bible)

There are a group of parents in my community who walk their children to school each morning. When my schedule permits, I join them and walk my youngest child, Ciara. I recall walking her once when it began to rain. As the precipitation fell harder, we had a decision to make—either turn around and go back home or continue walking our babies in the inclement weather. Like the rest of the parents, I held my daughter’s hand and continued the journey which brought comfort to her in the midst of a rainy morning.

While I appreciate the Lord always, I’m especially thankful for Him during the “rainy seasons” of life. The reason that the believer should put more energy and effort in our relationship with God is because He is The Only One that we know will not change (Malachi 3:6; Hebrews 13:8). The psalmist said that even if his parents abandoned him, the Lord would be right there (Psalm 27:10, TLB). There could be someone reading this devotional that’s going through a difficult period in life and you’re feeling all alone. Rest assured that you’re not walking this season alone; the Lord is there with you.

Let’s Pray:

“Father, thank You for Your Consistency in our lives. Thank You that You’re always with us and that You’re always the same. Help us to rest in the assurance of Your Presence in the good times as well as the bad, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:
“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”
The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

Question to Ponder:
1. What are the 10 Commandments?

2. What are the greatest commandments in the New Testament?

No comments:

Post a Comment