My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lost In The House

“…what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it?” Luke 15:8 (ESV)

Recently, I spoke with a young lady who was an active member of a church here in the city. Although she went to church faithfully, she confessed that she struggled living the Christian life. For whatever reason, I decided to ask her, “Are you saved?” Her response to this question was, “I was baptized as a child.” When I asked her did she remember confessing and accepting Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior, she responded, “No I don’t.” I led her to Christ and then explained the importance of developing and maintaining a relationship with God. Although she was an active attendee and participant in church, she was “lost in the house of the Lord.”

After that experience, I wondered, “How many members are in our churches, but are ‘lost in the house?’” “How many people are sitting in our pews but cannot recall accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior?” Nestled between the parables of the lost sheep and the prodigal son in Luke 15 is the parable of the lost coin. Of the woman’s 10 silver coins, one of them was lost in the house. When the coin was lost, she lit a lamp and searched the house diligently until she found it. Because of the eternal significance of salvation, we must examine ourselves and others in our churches to ensure that they recall accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Regardless of your popularity, position, or pedigree, we are only saved by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord.

Let’s Pray:
“Father, we thank You for salvation through Your Son, Jesus Christ. We pray that if there are those who haven’t accepted You, let them accept You today, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”

Daily Prayer:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment