My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Resolve to Know God Better

VARIOUS SCRIPTURES!!!



One of the keys to being close to someone is spending quality time together. If families are going to be close, then there must be an effort to come together as often as possible—to get to know new additions of the family as well as to stay connected with the already established unions. Successful marriages don’t just “happen,” but husbands and wives devote time into making things work. Parents with great relationships with their children invest the time in getting to know them with the goal of understanding the pressures they face and not just discipline them because of deviant attitudes. Close friends spend time communicating on the phone or they make time to do things together.




Like all other key relationships, if we’re going to be close to God, we must be willing to invest the time in getting to know Him. As a matter of fact, God expects us to prioritize our relationship with Him before and above all others. The Bible commands us to, “Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.” (Matthew 22:36, NCV) Matthew 6:33 teaches us that we are to, “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God…” God wants to reveal Himself to us in ways that are beyond our imagination. But we must be willing to spend time with Him in prayer and the study of His Word.


Sadly, most people (to include many Christians) know “about God,” but very few “know Him.” My prayer for all of us today is, “That we will know Him…” The exhortation today is this: Resolve to know God better!


Let’s Pray: “Father, we pray that we’ll prioritize our lives around getting to know You better, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”


Daily Confession

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed



Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions of the Day

List the Spiritual Armor in Ephesians 6:10-18

No comments:

Post a Comment