My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Monday, October 17, 2011

Don’t Die Pregnant!

Various Scriptures



Last week, the media reported three different runners that participated in the 2011 Chicago Marathon. The 1st runner died less than a quarter-mile away from the finish line without achieving his goal. The second runner ran the race 9 months pregnant and then gave birth directly after finishing. The 3rd runner was forced to give back the 4th-place medal he was awarded when the competition committee got wind of the fact that he’d cheated. Instead of running all 26 miles, he exited the route, got on a subway, then got off to finish the course. Needless to say, he was disqualified because of his lack of integrity.



The Bible compares life to running a race. Hebrews 12:1 reads, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,” At the end of his life, Paul told Timothy, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7) Let’s aspire to be like the woman that ran the race pregnant but went into labor in the process. Like Paul, let’s also pray that we’ll run the race of life with integrity, dignity, and honor.



Myles Monroe said that the wealthiest place in the world is the graveyard. He continues that millions upon millions of dollars are buried in the graveyard due to the inventions that were never patented, goals that were never achieved, songs that were never written…(paraphrased). Let’s agree today that we won’t die pregnant, but we’ll give birth to everything that God has placed inside us.



Let’s Pray: “Father, in Jesus’ Name, I ask that You’ll allow us to give birth to everything You’ve placed inside us, in Jesus’ Name, amen!”



Daily Confession:

Thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conquerer and not the conquered



Thank You for giving me all things that pertain to life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I might live and not die

To declare Your Works



Thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I am healed



Thank You that I shall not be stressed, oppressed or depressed

But I'm kept in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



Thank You that I'm not distressed, distracted, or in disarray

But I'm focused on what You've called me to do



Thank You that there is no lack in my life today

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus



This is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it,

In Jesus' Name,

Amen



Questions-of-The Day

Challenge



1. Who was the 1st disciple Jesus called?



2. What chapter of the Bible records the 10 Commandments?



3. What are Jesus’ 7, “I Am’s?”

No comments:

Post a Comment