My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, June 10, 2011

Who Are You?

Acts 19:13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, "We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches." 14 Also there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so. 15 And the evil spirit answered and said, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?"




In Acts 19, there were seven sons of a Jewish priest who were trying to engage in spiritual warfare without being in right relationship with God. They were trying to rebuke and cast out a spirit through “the Jesus Paul preached.” Obviously, to witness Paul walk in that level of power was amusing to them. In the eyes of these young men, being a Christian was like being in a circus or a show. Beloved, PLEASE get this simple truth this morning: “Although we can disguise ourselves in the natural, the spirit world (God, Satan, angels and demons) knows who we are!”



The questions I have this morning are, “Has being a Christian become ‘just a show?’” “Do we dress up on Sundays to pretend to be someone that we aren’t?” “Has the church really become pretentious, powerless, perpetrating, and pitiful like the world claims it is?” Before we point fingers at anyone else, let’s start with ourselves. Today, let’s take a moment to reflect on our own personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Let’s ask ourselves the following questions:



“Who am I?”



“Am I living a lie?”



“Is my aim to please God, others, or myself?”



“Am I in right relationship with God?”



Let’s pray: “Father, we come naked, open, humble and broken before you. We ask you to show us ourselves today. Forgive us for any and all my sins and take away anything that’s not like you. Clean up our lives and let us live to please You. Father, we ask that we not live a lie, but let us live upright before You, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.



Daily Prayer: “Oh, that You would bless me indeed,

and enlarge my territory,

that Your hand would be with me,

and that You would keep me from evil,

that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

Daily Confession:

Father, I thank You for making me the head and not the tail

Above only and not beneath

The lender and not the borrower

The conqueror and not the conquered



I thank You for giving me all things that pertain unto life and godliness

And for delivering my life from death and destruction

So that I shall live and not die to declare your works



I thank You that no sickness shall live in my body

For by Your Stripes I'm healed

I confess that I will not be stressed, oppressed, or depressed

Because You're keeping me in perfect peace as my mind is stayed on Thee



I confess that I will not be distracted, disorganized, or in disarray,

but I will be diligent to what God has called me to do



I confess that there shall not be any lack in my life

For my God shall supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus

Thank You that all things are working together for my good

And that You always cause me to triumph



This is the day that you have made

I will rejoice and be glad in it

In Jesus, Name, amen.

1 comment:

Debbie Portela said...

I would love to post the link to your devotional page on my website. It's such a blessing to me and I know it would bless others.

Post a Comment