My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Friday, August 27, 2010

Man’s Inability; God’s Ability


Genesis 3:21: “Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.”



A few months ago, I invited a young man to our Sunday morning worship experience. He’d given his life to the Lord about a year ago, but hadn’t joined a church to develop his Christian discipleship. When I asked if he’d come worship with us, his reply was, “I will. But I have to get myself together first.” My response to him was, “If you could get yourself together, you wouldn’t need Jesus!”



After man fell in the garden, a very interesting thing happened—they tried to cover their shame (sin) with fig leaves! Because of their inability to cover themselves properly, God made clothes out of animal skins. (Genesis 3:21) In order to do this, He shed the blood of an animal because “without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.” (Hebrews 9:22) This act was a foreshadowing of what Christ would do when He died on Calvary. Throughout the Old Testament, we see animals being sacrificed as atonement for man’s sin. But those sacrifice(s) had to be done on a continuous basis. The Blood of Jesus is so powerful until It only had to be offered once to redeem the sin of humanity throughout all generations. (Hebrews 9:7, 12, 26)



The exhortation today is to realize how inadequate we are to deal with our sin. Thank God for Jesus!



Let’s Pray:
“Father, thank You for Jesus and His Finished Work on Calvary. Help us to realize our shortcomings and to seek You for getting our lives in order, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



Daily Prayer: “Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!”

The Prayer of Jabez, I Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment