My photo
1295 PARADISE HILL ROAD, CLARKSVILLE, TN 931.645.8785, United States
"WHERE PRAYER AND PRAISE TAKE YOU INTO HIS PRESENCE"

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Graced to Handle It

II Corinthians 12:9: “And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’”




There are days when we have to function when we’re not feeling well physically, emotionally, or mentally. All of us have had to perform duties either at work, school, or church even though our bodies and/or our minds were under great distress. There are seasons that we have to press past our pain, our persecution, and our perils in carrying out our Kingdom Assignments. There have been times when I’ve been under such duress that I felt like giving up. But as I pressed my way in carrying out my assignment, The Lord touched me and gave me what I needed to do what He’s called me to do.



Though we may pray fervently for deliverance, God doesn’t always grant our requests. There are times when The Lord doesn’t “move our mountains,” but He gives us the strength to climb them. The thing that is certain is that God never puts more on us than we can bear (I Corinthians 10:13). Paul’s thorn in the flesh caused him to pray three times that the Lord would take away his proclivity (II Corinthians 12:8). God answered Paul in a way that he may not have expected—He gave him grace to deal with it (II Corinthians 12:9). Always remember that during those times when we’re not receiving deliverance from that which is ailing us, it doesn’t mean that God has forsaken us—He’s providing grace so that we can handle it.



Let’s Pray: “Father, help us to realize and receive Your Amazing Grace, in Jesus’ Name, amen.”



God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

Annie J. Flint

No comments:

Post a Comment